Welcome to Virtue and Vice:
Body Piercing and Permanent Makeup
We have established protocols to protect workers and clients! For now ALL services and visits to the studio will be available by appointment only.
- Come alone to your appointment. If you need a chaperone you can reach out to a friend via FaceTime or other app so long as their mic is muted. Minors, please bring 1 parent.
- Wear a mask. If you don’t have one, we will have them available to purchase.
- Do not come early. We will meet you at the door at your appointment time.
- If you’ve shown ANY signs of illness, or been around someone who has tested + for Covid19 in the past 2 weeks do not come to the studio. We will reschedule your visit.
- If you’re bringing jewelry with you to be put into a healed piercing, bring in in a clean plastic ziplock bag.
- STARTING MAY 1ST WE WILL RESUME SERVICES UNDER THE MASK (NOSTRIL, LIP, TONGUE, SEPTUM)
- WHEN WILL WE RETURN TO NORMAL? We get this question a lot so I’m answering it here. Once we have been vaccinated we will resume all piercing services. Once community spread is down to zero-ish we will allow walk ins again and relax our guest and mask policies.
Virtue and Vice Mission Statement:
We believe it to be a professional imperative to provide our clientele with the best possible service. We have focused on the following standards:
Virtue & Vice maintains two sterilizers at all times.
The large, more traditional unit is used for the first of two sterilization cycles. Once tools are properly processed and sterilized they are stored until ready for the second, final cycle. Before each client is pierced all necessary tools are placed into the second autoclave, which is called a StatimClave. This sterilization process does not require the use of pouches and allows your piercer to maintain “point of process” sterilization. It is important to note that needles and any soft supplies such as gauze are single use.
After you have made your jewelry selection, a cassette with everything needed for your piercing is assembled and then placed within the StatimClave. Once the sterilization cycle is complete, you will witness the opening of your cassette. Along with the piercing supplies, your cassette contains an individually numbered sterilization monitor strip. This strip lets you and your piercer know that the items to be used have been properly sterilized. Both autoclaves are tested monthly by an independent laboratory and each client cassette is processed with an indicator strip to show that sterilization has been achieved.
All employees of Virtue & Vice are trained i