Appointments and Walk-ins
We take piercing walk-ins on a first come first serve basis. Eat within 4 hours of coming and bring your photo ID (showing you are over 18). We are open Noon-10pm Monday-Saturday and Noon-8pm on Sunday. We take our last client about an hour before close but sometimes make our cut-off earlier if all time slots fill ahead of that time. If you plan to come late evening, especially on weekends, it’s a good idea to call ahead for availability.
You are also welcome to make an advanced appointment for minors or genital work- same day appointments are not available. If you are late for your appointment you will be placed into the walk in rotation and served in the order that you’ve arrived. Even in these cases you can expect to be in the studio no longer than an hour.
Cosmetic Tattoo is by appointment only. Cancellations can be done up to 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time.
We will not pierce or tattoo anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol. We reserve the right to refuse service.
Children in the Studio
Children are great! If you are a parent we wish you all the best in your family life! We do however ask that you find childcare for your kids rather than bring them in. While we make every effort to keep discussions and images of a delicate nature in private areas, the studio environment is very much adult in nature. Minor children are allowed in the studio ONLY when receiving a piercing and accompanied by a parent or guardian. No other minors, children or infants are allowed.
Our Policy on Pregnancy and Nursing
We will not perform any piercing on any pregnant person. We will however remove jewelry or replace it with flexible retainers. For nursing mothers, we will be happy to perform any piercing other than nipples once you have reached the 6 month mark of feeding. We will perform nipple piercing only after all nursing has ceased and milk has dried up completely.
Our Policy on Piercing Minors
Without exception, the parent or legal guardian must be present with the minor to sign the release form as well as in the room during the piercing.
Starting at age 12:
- Ear Lobes
Starting at age 16:
- Ear Cartilage (outer Helix only)
Parent or guardian and minor must bring ONE ITEM PER COLUMN
|Original Legal Document||Guardian or Parent||Minor|
PLEASE NOTE: Minor children are only allowed in the studio when receiving a piercing and accompanied by a parent or guardian. No other minors, children or infants are allowed. This includes the friends and siblings of the person being pierced.
How to Prepare for Services
- No Alcohol : Do not drink or “party” heavily the night before or at all on the day you get makeup or a piercing.
- Good Mentality: Make sure you are in good physical (well rested) and emotional health when you come in. Stay relaxed and get into the zone – that’ll help make the experience a good one!
- Food is Good: Be sure to eat a good meal before you come in.
- Bring your ID: Make sure you bring the required ID! Trying to track it down is a real hassle once you have arrived and are ready to get pierced or tattooed.
- What to Wear: Consider the location of your service and dress accordingly. If you’re unsure of what is best to wear, give us a call.
For Cosmetic Tattoo
- For any facial work a hat, visor or dark glasses should be worn post-procedure to provide protection from the sun.
- Bring your cosmetics with you and have your makeup applied to show your usual appearance.
- If you are contemplating cosmetic surgery, laser peels, laser hair removal, botox or collagen treatments, lip augmentation or implant surgery, such procedures may affect or alter permanent cosmetics. If this is your plan, you must receive these procedures BEFORE permanent make up can be applied
- Important interviews, social events and vacations should not transpire during the two weeks after procedure as make-up, stress and travel may adversely effect healing.
- EYELINER/ EYELASH ENHANCEMENT: Contact lenses wearers will need to wear glasses for the appointment and 1-2 days after.
- EYEBROWS: Brows should have been arched the way you prefer with make up or by professional waxing / threading upon your arrival. Please do not shave or wax them completely off unless this is your normal beauty routine.
- LIP-LINER /LIP-COLOR: For those with a history of cold-sores a course of the appropriate anti-viral medication is mandatory for the procedure. Lips will be tender and swollen be gentle and drink through a straw the first day.
- SCAR REPAIR: Waffle, surgical and breast scars can be masked but should be at least one year old or completely recovered from surgery. All require a consultation.
Aftercare for Piercing
The success of your procedure is dependent upon the care it receives while it is healing.
Click here for MINOR aftercare.
Click here for body piercing aftercare.
Click here for oral piercing aftercare.
Click here for full listing of Association of Professional Piercers brochures.
Aftercare for Cosmetic Tattooing
The life of your cosmetic tattooing procedure depends on the care it receives in the first few days. You can expect light swelling and/or bruising post procedure.
- wash gently several times the first day, rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a soft clean towel
- apply ointment with a Q-tip or clean fingers regularly to avoid drying
- use cold packs to reduce discomfort and swelling
- continue to moisturize for a short time after initial healing to help the skin recover
- for eyeliner, use artificial tears several times and leave contact lenses out for the first few days
- for lips, take a preventative course of antiviral medication IF you suffer from cold sores
- Absolutely do not use alcohol or peroxide
- do not rub or scratch
- no direct sunlight or tanning for two weeks
- no swimming, sauna, or bath of any type until peeling has stopped
- do not use exfoliants for at least four weeks
- do not use makeup or other beauty products or treatments in the area until completely healed